Old October 11th 03, 01:25 AM
justemoi

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:51:53 +0200, Stephan Grossklass
wrote:

That's usually two way propagation - once from the transmitter on the
short path (shortest possible connection to you), once on the long path
(the other way round the globe - even if radio waves travel 300,000
km/s, the greatest distance possible is around 40,000 km, which makes
about a 133 ms delay max). Can also be satellite feed related if a
station uses two different transmitters (say, on different continents)
on the same frequency.

Stephan

The echo was approximately 2 or 3 seconds and faint in the background,
but loud enough to cause the brain to absorb what was being said
again, and try to digest the present speech.

Sort of a loop de loop de loop de loop .....

I didn't realize that the signal could go both directions.

WWRB was severely over modulating, the speaker was vibrating even at
low volume; so the signal seemed to be boosted (to the point of being
illegal). I'm not sure of maximum wattage allowed in the U.S.

At 4 pm EST, they went off the air for transmitter tweaking.

This is also their new transmitter 4.

Whatever this new transmitter is, it sure packs a punch.

Thank you for replying.

{0
)
{0