Old October 11th 03, 09:15 AM
justemoi

On 11 Oct 2003 06:04:10 GMT, (WShoots1) wrote:

That's usually two way propagation - once from the transmitter on the short
path (shortest possible connection to you), once on the long path (the other
way round the globe
I believe that can also happen when both the ground wave and the skywave are

received.

Bill, K5BY

This is really getting over my head (pardon the pun).

ahem..... putting my cone hat on....

ahh there... ready now..

What is the difference between a ground wave and a sky wave?

I assume the ground wave would be between the ground plane and the
ionosphere and the sky wave would be a wave that escapes the earth due
to clear conditions.... yes? no?

It wasn't a SSB signal, so the wave would have to go the full 360
degrees.

I hope this makes sense, cause I really feel out of my league with you
people. (That's why I haven't posted before) ((

If I remember correctly from electrical technology in "Jurassic High
School' (I'm 45), a "resonance frequency" is a weaker duplicate
signal halfway up the frequency scale from the original wave on the
oscilloscope. Could it double back because of the signal strength
and weather conditions?

Honestly the original signal was so strong, it was like I was sitting
on the transmitter.

Removing cone hat..... for now ..

{0
)