Old October 12th 03, 01:43 AM
Tony Meloche

Well, more or less. But more importantly, conductivity isn't a factor for
99% of the work we do. All the conductors work well enough, and other
factors, such as availibility, durability and ease of handling are the most
important. I'm sure stainless steel wire could make a fine SWL antenna or
ground wire, even though it doesn't conduct electricity as well as copper.

http://hypertextbook.com/physics/ele...ty/resistance/

Frank Dresser

Damn...you would have to mention steel. I put up a 50' random with made of
steel rather than copper as my other copper random wire stretches.

Would you advise replacing the steel with copper wire? This is a newbie
question.

thanks

elfa

It shoudld be fine. The "whip" antenna in portables is made of
steel, and most rooftop antennas are made of aluminum.

Tony