Old October 12th 03, 02:54 AM
Michael

The Best of Coast To Coast coming in quite well here in North NJ from WHAS
in Louisville, KY at 2:00 UTC. The subjects of the show at the moment are
"matter transportation" and "mater transformation" :-)

I'm always amazed at how good WHAS sounds here. 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH &
1110WBT Charlotte, NC are also sounding good tonight as usual.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
Michael wrote:
I have never been able to hear KTRH here. Although 50kw is strong

enough to
make it all the way here to NJ, there are other stations between NJ and

TX
that almost always get in the way. Currently, on 740 I'm hearing a
talk/news station in an Oriental language. It's not a local station or

distant 50kw powerhouse, but it's too strong a signal to allow me to

hear
KTRH.

Here in the Nashville area, KTRH has been heard but only rarely. CHWO
(Toronto) and KRMG (Tulsa) are the dominant signals on 740.

KTRH is directional at night, protecting Toronto. That's probably why
it's not being heard in the NYC area.

I *think* the Oriental-language station is WGSM on Long Island. It's
supposed to be parallel to 1430 in Newark.

I can hear a lot of the 50kw MW stations in the US including, at rare

times
on a
clear night, 580 KMJ in Fresno CA. The difference between me being

able to
hear KMJ at times and not KTRH is a simple matter of what other stations

get
in the way.

?! That would be quite a catch.

660 kHz WFAN New York, NY 50kW

non-directional

710 kHz WOR New York, NY 50kW

directional, not sure what it protects

770 kHz WABC New York, NY 50kW
810 kHz WGY Schenectady, NY 50kW
880 kHz WCBS New York, NY 50kW

all three non-directional

1010 kHz WINS New York, NY 50kW
1050 kHz WEVD New York, NY 50kW

Directional, not sure what they protect but definitely Toronto on both
frequencies.

1130 kHz WBBR New York, NY 50kW

Directional, protects Vancouver and probably Shreveport.

1180 kHz WHAM Rochester, NY 50kW

Non-directional.

1520 kHz WWKB Buffalo, NY 50KW

Directional, protects Oklahoma City.

1540 kHz WPTR Albany, NY 50KW

Directional, protects the Bahamas and Waterloo Iowa.

1560 kHz WQEW New York, NY 50KW

Directional, protects Cuba and Bakersfield CA.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66