Old October 12th 03, 04:58 PM
Tom Holden

"WShoots1" wrote in message
[snip]
Hmm... Maybe I could use my B&H (or one of my other little radios) as a

preamp
for my DX-392 -- if I can just find the 10.7 IF output in that thing. Then

the
392 would just -- hopefully -- clean up the signal.

Of course, GIGO. Maybe I should reverse them. G

The better receiver should go first. Front end overload performance will be
determined by it and AGC pumping by nearby signals will be mainly determined
by the first one, also. It's best to use radios with non-identical
intermediate frequencies so that the 2nd receiver does not tune to its own
IF. There could be self-interference - a problem I have with two DX-394's in
cascade and may end up having to remove the built-in LW/MW ferrite rod
antenna from the second radio, having already done so from the first for
other reasons.

Good luck - let us know how your combo works out.

Tom