Old October 12th 03, 05:51 PM
Peter Maus

dxlover wrote:

PU one of these for three dollars at a yard sale yesterday. It's model
#6-G-601-M, has a 'sailing ship' sewn into the cloth grill over the
speaker.

It's just AM but what the hey, I saw one on ebay. Any one in here ever own
one and can tell me about the performance, I've googled all night. One guy
said "it's could really pu those signals"..but that is just one persons
opinion.

It has a real cool looking 'Wave Magnet' in the back that is connected to
the radio, pretty wild looking IMO...lol....anyone have any idea as to the
year it was made or a link you can throw my way?

It'd be appreciated. :-)

Nice find. That particular radio, has some collector value,
though not huge, in good condition.

ca 1942.

For the benefit of those without good language/visualization
skills, www.qsl.net/ab0cw/wvmag.htm

Got some hams booming in on 3.880 here in Cinti. Oh. at 1310 UCT.

--
^~^~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~^~^~^
*********Hammarlund129X & 140X**********