Old October 12th 03, 06:12 PM
Robert Sillett

VOA is a very good guess.

It's Radio Marti, the US government anti-Castro station, transmitting from
Greenville, North Carolina. You most likely also heard a Cuban jamming
station as well, although at my QTH in western Penna., Radio Marti often
comes in crystal clear with no trace of jamming.

I'd hazzard to guess that 90% of Radio Marti programming is baseball, Cuban
music and/or jazz, and news/propaganda.

Here's the Radio and TV Marti home page:
http://www.martinoticias.com/default.asp

Bob, N3OEA

"Jeff Seale" wrote in message
. 204.17...
I received it @ 19:00 EDT last night and just happened to hear a Spanish
language broadcast of the American League Championship Series. What

station
on that frequency rebroadcasts ESPN Deportes' programming? Is it Armed
Forces Radio or VOA or something like that?