Old October 13th 03, 04:42 AM
Mark Keith

"dxlover" wrote in message

It has a real cool looking 'Wave Magnet' in the back that is connected to
the radio, pretty wild looking IMO...lol..

Good antenna for MW. Same operation as a larger loop, but a slightly
lower output. Doesn't matter in your case, as the antenna is made to
match the radio's needs. I just picked up a 1947-48 RCA Victor console
a couple of days ago. It has a big turnable loop inside the cabinet
even bigger than a zenith wavemagnet. Should make for a good MW radio,
if I get it going. It lights up, but no sound. I gotta do some testing
on it, but it probably has flaky caps. I just hope my high voltage is
good off the tranny. If so, it should be easily fixable. It has a 78
phono which works, and covers MW and a portion of SW. Big knarly
speaker in it. Might end up being a good MW radio with good sound. Has
a pair of 6v6's for finals. I'll be able to use it for a good
geetar amp if anything. Just unhook the phono, and plug my geetar
up. Probably would want to use an instrument speaker to avoid damage
to the one in the radio though. "I crank up Zee volume, mucho a
plenty" I also have a 58 zenith TO with a wavemagnet, but it's not as
large or good as the earlier TO models. MK