Old October 13th 03, 05:02 AM
Tony Meloche

dxlover wrote:

Thanks Peter, 1942, that's something. I've read the suction cups are to
stick to a window. But isn't it like a loop, and you should have it 'by'
your radio. {?}

Friend of mine had one of these when I was a kid. IIRC, the "wave
magnet"
(which was just a flat loop antenna, like was used in AM table radios
for years), was attached to the receiver by a length of insulated wire.
You could pick it up in your hand and slowly "wave" it left ot right to
find the strong point of the signal you wanted. Near a window was
always better - is for most antennas.

Tony