Old June 10th 04, 12:37 PM
Richard

Default Call for a *practical* design for a 5 or 6 element wideband yagi using a hertz dipole as DE

Hi. I'm wanting to "design" using a "simple design methodolgy". As far as I
can tell that means avoiding using models and antenna programs because I
think designing a practical yagi from a model is *not* a simple design
methodology. That's my impression.

So I think the best option I have is to take a practical design and use the
principle of scaling, and using a program that will make adjustments to the
element lengths for an alteration in element diameters and a program that
will make adjustments in element lengths for alteration in boom size. I'm
pretty sure element spacings will need not to be altered given some
reasonable alteration in either element diamters or boom size.

(Do these correction programs assume a particular element fixing method I
wonder!!. Where are these programs. I only know of ELE.EXE)

I'm looking for a practical design that uses a hertz dipole as DE, not a
folded dipole. And it ought to be wideband well, a bandwidth of about 4% of
the center frequency.

Boom needs to be metal.

I'm looking to make the center frequency 159 Mhz. So any practical design I
suppose is likely to be a VHF yagi not too far removed from 159 Mhz.

There can be a balun arrangement or not, but I don't want to feed a balanced
DE with unbalanced coax.

My antenna is to be a receiving antenna.

My email is:

Please remove REMOVE.

Thanks.