Old August 15th 03, 12:12 AM
Sylvan Butler

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:30:20 -0500, Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"Sylvan Butler" d wrote in
message
oi.hpZ.com.invalid...
And I've used WD-40 in and around ignition components on several
engines and fired things up a LOT better than with the water that
was previously there.

I suspect WD-40 conducts no better than white kerosene.

We are discussing RF components. Not High Voltage spark coils and plugs.

No, we were discussing the conductivity of WD-40.

If you think WD-40 has a characteristic that affects "RF components"
and not "High Voltage", you aren't talking conductivity. And in
reference to your other message regarding a car radio, it is not
conductivity of WD-40 that is/was the problem.

WD-40 will change the dielectric constant of air-gap tuning
capacitors, as will anything other than air. Even the residual film
left behind can have an affect. Perhaps it could mess up inductors
as well, but I've not experienced that.

sdb

--
| Sylvan Butler | Not speaking for Hewlett-Packard | sbutler-boi.hp.com |
| Watch out for my e-mail address. Thank UCE. change ^ to @ |