Old October 15th 03, 04:10 AM
Rambler

Mitchell Regenbogen wrote in message ...
Actually I don't think that's true. I think the odds are pretty high on
getting an excellent used 2010 on eBay. As for longevity, it's not
unusual for these suckers to last 10 years plus...

I have been watching ebay for 2010s for the last five years off and
on. This is what I have found:

The majority of the radios that come up for sale are about 10 years
old (based on the serial numbers). Remember that they started mmaking
them in 1984. If the radio is newer, or being sold by someone who
knows the radio well, the price is more likely around $275-300 (these
include shipping BTW). From the evaluations I have read comparing the
2010 to the 7600, it didn't sound like the 2010 is twice the radio of
the 7600.

If I can get a brand new 7600GR from Sony under warranty for $135, I
have no risk. If I get a 10 year old 2010 that has no warranty, help
me see that the radio is really worth $75 (55%)more and the risks of a
bad apple or a short life. I've read many stories of 2010 owners that
have to knock the radio to get the SSB working or to make the radio
function.

But that is what this post is all about. Convince me!!

Rambler