Old October 16th 03, 11:08 AM
John T McDougald

Default Help! Recover from battery leakage..

Yesterday, I opened my radio to replace the batteries and discovered
that the battery on the memory slot had begun to corrode. It's a RadioShcak
DX 398 that's nearly brand new. The amount of corrosion doesn't appear to
be too bad. It's mainly on the ribbon used to remove the battery and some
acid crystals can be found on the two contacts in the single battery
compartment area.
How best can I clean and remove the acid without harming my radio
circuit? I was thinking about opening the backl of the radio and using a
baking soda/water concentration. Is there a better way and can I possibly
save the ribbon/ battery remover or is it toast?

Thanks Ahead,
John T McD.