Old October 16th 03, 12:34 PM
Diverd4777

Default KE9OA's High Performance MW Receiver

Hi Pete, Sounds like you've been Real Busy..!

My thoughts? Get release 1.0 out the door when feaseable,
with a list of " Features for release 1.1" to add in later .

Loopstick for $125 - 150 sounds great.
It's gotta compete with the other sets out there.

Try not to get stuck in " The Second System Syndrome" where you try to put
Every feature in ..( Thats usually my downfall )

Tone controls & a nice sound are important.
Car DSP sounds Brilliant !!

- Go ! !

Dan

In article , "Pete
KE9OA" writes:

Hi folks,
Things have been going a million miles an hour! Right now, I
am working on a low noise VCO design, with a tracking filter at the output.
I have also been looking at a dual conversion chipset that Phillips came out
with for the auto radio industry. These devices are used in the Cambridge
Audio Model T500 FM/AM Tuner. Performance is pretty amazing on the MW band,
although FM sounds like every other tuner, which isn't bad. They are using a
DSP for the final demodulation process.
Also, I am working on an active loopstick antenna. I was able to locate a
source of 8 inch ferrite rod stock, for only $1.50 each. Elna is the
supplier, distributing rod stock that Phillips manufacturers. I am testing
some of that stock that has a mu of 900. I think that this should yield a
nice high Q coil. Another thing that I want to do is have the loop tiltable,
like the Palomar loop, except that this will be a shielded design. I am
thinking about 125 to 150 dollars for the antenna; what are your thoughts?