Old October 16th 03, 10:33 PM
tommyknocker

Bob Parnass wrote:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:56:01 -0400, Tony Meloche wrote:

..I have had (rare) leakage problems with "off-brand" batteries - never
once with copper top or the bunny.

Wish I were that lucky.
I've had Energizer, Duracell, Ray-O-Vac, Kodak Supra-Life,
Osco, and other alkaline batteries leak.

ALL alkaline batteries will leak (or "explode" as my dad eloquently
called it) under the right conditions. I used to collect transistor
radios, and I noticed that radios kept in garages or sheds or in other
places with temperature and humidity extremes were most likely to have
leaked batteries. I also noted that 9 volt batteries (what some of the
older folks here will know as a "transistor radio battery") are least
likely to leak.