Old June 10th 04, 10:37 PM
Steve Nosko

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Steve Nosko wrote:
Oops! Time to wipe the CRT clean... Henry wants to discuss a SHORTED
stub...reset. end. stop.

Sorry, a shorted 1/2WL stub ... Same
principles apply.

That's why I went ahead and continued on the "complementary situation"
[...]

Any stub that presents an infinite impedance should be able to be removed
and without anything changing. You have an infinite impedance before the

removal
and you have an infinite impedance after the removal, so nothing changes

when
you remove the stub. (Hint: Devil's advocate reasoning applied)

Your "Devil's advocate "meaning escapes me...

Of course,
something changes when one removes the stub - that's the entire point.

There
are forward components and reflected components flowing in and out of a

stub.
That's why removing it changes things.

Yea, but in the practical sense, it does not change anything at the
fundamental (desired) frequency [[high Z stub, power still to the load]].
It's only when you consider the harmonics, if they are there, that anything
important changes, right. So I'm puzzled why you included that part in your
comment.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.