Old June 10th 04, 11:12 PM

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:40:40 -0500, "*" wrote:

some take 4 years,

"Art Unwin KB9MZ" wrote in message
om...
I notice that the STEPPIR antenna patent is still "Pending"
I thought that "pending" meant that the patent has been awarded
and awaiting printing! Fluid motions have been stating Patent pending
for more than a few months ( year)now and I have yet to see a release.
Anybody have any info on this ? I also noticed that another thread on
unconventional antenna design that the news release also stated
"patent pending"!
Has " patent pending "replaced the term "patent applied for" or has
the revised patent procedure and the USPTO fallen flat on its face ?
Art

If so, "patent applied for" must be _really_ old -- "patent
pending" showed up on all sorts of devices as far back as the '40s.