Old June 10th 04, 10:46 PM
Steve Nosko

"hello" wrote in message

Many thanks for all the answers.
After all, I will try the horizontal Jpole.
It was my first idea but, I read lots of bad thinks about this antenna
(in particular in this newsgroup), but it's so easy to build that I
could try.

Thierry
F4DWV

//nit alarm on//
It's not a J-POLE. It's a J antenna. The J-POLE was a commercial antenna
possibly by Cushcraft some time ago. It was a pole with several Js stacked
vertically on it for gain. The J antenna goes back as far as my handbooks
do at least the 40's.
I'd call this an end fed half wave. What's the matching device? A
quarter wave shorted stub.
//nit podium off//

Registered member of NPA - Nit Pickers Anonomous

How come I don't see any of you guys at the meetings?
Also, how come the phrase "how come" means "why", sort of?

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.