Old October 17th 03, 10:40 PM
Dr. Artaud

"patgkz" wrote in news:z7Qjb.36071$%C5.33459
@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Heard the same the other night, after perhaps 01:00 UTC. Frequency 12.160,
in the radio memory, and came across it while going through various memory
locations. There is not usually any broadcasts on 12.160 at that time, or
at least that I hear, and when I came across it I paused to listen. Exactly
the same as you described. Sounded over-modulated. I was unable to resolve
the signal any better with filters on/off, NR on/off, or SSB on USB/LSB.
Interesting.

Horribly distorted audio with hum and noise.

Female spanish - speaking numbers station LSB 3.24510MHZ at 1110Z

Guess they're still alive and well.

Pat, Green Bay WI
WPE9JRL