Old October 18th 03, 01:13 AM
Tony Meloche

Michael wrote:

Hiya..

Any offerings regarding the longest distance MW, AM broadcast that you ever
got ???

Mine, here in NJ, has been: 580 KMJ in Fresno, CA. It's a 50KW station
that I have been able to hear a few times during exceptional MW conditions.
I had to use SSB, NB, several tweaks to the pbt and my "Frankenstein"
antenna, but I was able to hear the station ID.

Any other war stories out there ???
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Actually posted one of mine a few weeks ago here, but my two best
catches have been (the station now known as) KNUS in Denver, CO from my
room at home in Detroit when I was a kid (1964). A 5,000W station from
1200 miles away. I still remember that late afternoon (KNUS was on the
grayline at the time I got the reception).

I also pulled CMBV from Wajay, Cuba not long ago, which was my first
foreign (excluding Canada) AM broadcast. That's about 1350 miles from
where I live now, but it is listed as a 500,000W station! But it was a
heck of a kick to know I was listening to an ordinary AM station from
another part of the world.

Tony