Old October 18th 03, 11:08 AM
Robert Cuthbert

Default PERFORMANCE OF YAESU VR 120 VS SONY ICF SW7600, YB 500, KAIWA KA818

Did a comparison of SW performance of Yaesu VR120 with three portable
"SW" radios and I was suprised that for a weak signal reception it was
better then the Kaiwa, about equal to the YB (unexpected)and as expected
considerably less then the Sony. I never expected the Yaesu a "do all
bands" radio to be almost equal to my YB.

Test was very unscientific - tuned a signal (eg Radio Ukraine) on Yaesu
then tuned other radios to same signal and compared signals. Tried ditto
routine for three other stations. I checked each radio separately (Ie.
other radios off). "Test" was done using whip antennas.

Will I sell my YB? NO, I still enjoy listening to it and trying to
remember how to use all its programming features.

Will I listen to SW on the Yasu Yes but only if I'm tired of listening
to "cabbie talk".