Old October 18th 03, 04:47 PM
Stan Barr

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:39:30 GMT, Michael wrote:
Hiya..

Any offerings regarding the longest distance MW, AM broadcast that you ever
got ???

Mine, here in NJ, has been: 580 KMJ in Fresno, CA. It's a 50KW station
that I have been able to hear a few times during exceptional MW conditions.
I had to use SSB, NB, several tweaks to the pbt and my "Frankenstein"
antenna, but I was able to hear the station ID.

Any other war stories out there ???

Not the most distant MW stations I've ever heard, but latley I've been
able to hear quite a few US stations here on Merseyside. WINS has been
particularly strong. A couple of years ago an oldies record show on a
Canadian station (CJON??) was extremely strong and I would have liked to
have phoned up with a record request but they only gave out an 800 number
which you can't call from abroad :-(

--
Cheers,
Stan Barr stanb .at. dial .dot. pipex .dot. com

The future was never like this!