Old October 18th 03, 10:19 PM
Tony Meloche

Robert Sillett wrote:

I have both a DX-398 and a GE Super Radio, so I can answer two-thirds of
your query.

Assuming you're not using an external loop antenna, the GE Super Radio wins.
And if you are using an external loop, the GE Super Radio still beats the
DX-398.

Now the DX-398 isn't bad, it's just that the GE Super Radio is better for
AM/MW DX.

Bob, N3OEA

The only one of the two I've owned is the Superadio III, but for
dedicated AM reception, with a good antenna, it beats anything else I've
used hands down. The Icom R-75 is as good, but noiser in MW than the
GE, in my experience.

Tony

"Neil Bell" wrote in message
Any opinions about which of these three padios would be best for AM DX
use??

DX-398
Super Radio III
Grundig S-350

Antenna suggestions????

Any help appreciated.
Neil Bell

For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."