Old June 11th 04, 11:53 AM
Dave

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I know that a shorted 1/4 wave stub exhibits a very high impedance. But
for the 2nd harmonic it's a 1/2 wave stub and exhibits a very low

impedance
or a short. There are claims that this can be used to filter the even
harmonics. Shorts can't diisipate power and must reflect, so how does a
stub work?

stubs work very nicely. you can get practical stub information at my web
site, including how to build a 40m to 15m 3rd harmonic stub filter:
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/techref.html#filters

as you may have noticed by now you have kicked the proverbial hornets nest.
reflections are a touchy word in this group, usually attracting the endless
argument that travels from thread to thread. in time this will deteriorate
into name calling and endless argument over reflections, interference,
virtual impedances, and a few other topics.