Old June 11th 04, 02:31 PM
Jack Painter

"Richard" wrote
I'm looking to make the center frequency 159 Mhz.

Richard, I thought you wanted a marine-band antenna? The center should

be
at
156.300 to 156.800 mHz and will cover above that fine, but not well

below
it.

Jack

But to your point:

Marine band is from 156-162 Mhz. Center 159 Mhz.

Richard, my point was, your antenna will funtion better centered on the
lower part of the band, using any wideband features the antenna has to work
upward in frequency, not downward.

Since DX'g was your goal, why not take advantage of this feature? During
summer months troposheric ducting provides some pretty amazing DX features
in this band. In the states, it is common to for stations to copy traffic
hundreds of miles away when this happens.

Best regards,

Jack Painter
Virginia Beach, Va