Old June 11th 04, 02:58 PM
K7MEM

Ian White, G3SEK wrote:
K7MEM wrote:

There use to be a program available written by Gunter Hock, DL6WU,
that was for designing VHF/UHF yagi antennas. It took into account
boom type and size, element size, bonding methods, etc.. The original
program was written in BASIC.

There are now many different programs called "dl6wu-something.bas" out
there on the web... but DL6WU didn't actually write any of them.

The master copy of the program that Martin is using is on my 'VHF/UHF
Long Yagi Workshop' page. It was originally written by KY4Z and W6NBI,
and AFAIK it is still the only one that DL6WU has personally checked
against his original tables and graphs. For that reason it is guaranteed
to be maintained for the indefinite future.

However, the DL6WU yagis are not suitable for the OP's original request
for 5/6 elements, because these are all "long" yagis with a minimum of
10 elements.

Thank you for the corrections. I will make the necessary adjustments on
my web page to give proper credit.

I only suggested this program to show that there are programs out there
that take the factors he described into account. He could design for 10
elements and then trim back the number of directors. This will get him
in the ball park. He could then describe it to a modeling program to
see how it stacks up.

--
Martin E. Meserve