Old October 21st 03, 01:14 AM
Bill McMillan

Default Grundig Mini 300 - new model

Here in Canada the Hudson's Bay Company sells Grundig
radios through their mail order outlet. I just got in the mail
today an ad for the Grundig Mini 300. It is slightly larger
than the Mini World 100PE, which I have and really like.
The size of the Mini 300 (in inches) is 2.5 x 6.5 x 0.9.

The 300 seems to have analog tuning with a digital readout,
like the S350. It has no keypad entry and no memories, but
does have a clock and alarm. It has AM, FM and 7 shortwave
bands. The antenna is telescopic, but does not collapse
completely into the radio case; when collapsed, it sticks upward
a couple of inches from the top left of the radio, so that
the radio has the appearance of a cordless phone or GPS unit.

The radio is available in several colours. It's nice to have a break
from the ubiquitous silver cases we see everywhere now. The colours
are red, white, blue, yellow and dark brown ("bronze"). The radio
takes 2 AA cells, and costs $ 49.98 Cdn.

- Bill