Old October 25th 03, 05:08 PM
Caribbean Listener

I live in a penthouse on top of a six-floor building in middle of
noisy San Juan Puerto Rico and I have tried using an outdoor wire
antenna on my SW 77 strung across my terrace. I must say that the whip
is a whole lot better because it doesn't amplify all the snaps,
crackles and pops. Try using the outboard wire antenna and extend it
out from a window. I do that sometimes and let it hand down. I find
that works great. I am able to receive Indonesia, Western Sahara,
Brazil, Peru and New Zealand from my QTH. I think a regular wire
antenna with ground and all overloads this overly sensitive rx. Let's
us know how you make out.