Old October 25th 03, 11:09 PM
Alan Smithee

Sorry if this message is a tad late - been away only just turned on my
computer.

Here's a thought...

I had a DA-100D about ten years ago on an older SW rig and I was quite
happy with it. When I purchased an AOR-AR5000 +3 last Christmas I was
looking around for another tunable active antenna, thinking as you
obviously have, that an upgrade was in order.

I settled on the Miraclewhip antenna through a gentleman in Montreal.

Now, this antenna is designed for transmission on portable
transceivers, particularly Yaesu. But after two lengthy -- and
extremely informative -- phone conversations with the inventor/seller,
I ordered one and it arrived a few days later.

It's ridiculously small - about the size of a small cell phone, but the
antenna extends to 57 inches and is fully tunable.

I took it with me to the west coast of Vancouver Island last year for a
short DXing vacation and the results truly blew me away.

Here's the guy's URL: http://www.miracleantenna.com/

Can't harm to check it out.

Randy

In article , David
wrote:

Keep the Stoner.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:43:45 GMT, "Jim Thornton"
wrote:

I thinking about replacing my 20-year old McKay Dymek DA-100D active SW
antenna. Does anyone have any experience with the active antennae from
Dalong, McKay Dymek, MFJ, Sony, etc., and would highly recommend
one over another? I don't want a tunable version; it must be a broadband
model to cover the standard shortwave broadcast frequencies. My old antenna
sits on the peak of a two-story home and I have never changed any of its
settings.