Old October 26th 03, 08:32 PM
Tony Meloche

Default Question for better antenna mavens than I

I am using a 60 ft. random wire with my Icom R-75. The receiver also
has very solid outdoor ground. I get excellent signal pulling ability,
but a lot of noise, too. I have been given 65' of good quality coax.
If I replace the antenna "even-up" as it were, and ground the braid of
the coax to the receiver ground, will it quiet reception as much as I
have a hunch it would? Would it diminish signal gathering potential,
though (I know coax has higher signal loss over a long run.)

Very much appreciate any reply - thanks!

Tony