Old October 29th 03, 05:45 PM
Current_gothic

Actually where we are living it is an older neighbor hood and older
houses. For my shortwave radio i run a Wire antenna that is in my
bedroom and runs out in to the hall way. and then another one that
runs out my Front bedroom window runs across the side of the house and
is tied on to a wind Vain on a shed. works good......... and i also
have a Antron 99 ..18 Foot cb antenna on the top of the house
about 4 feet up off the house and then its 18 feet long... im i
guess lucky to be living where i am right know...

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:53:32 GMT, Tig wrote:

Just moved into a new home in suburban chicago and I want to put up a
good antenna that will allow me to pull in some of the signals that I
couldnt pick up before with the whip antenna that came with my radio.
Right now, I have a Sony sw7600 and a radio shack dx-394. Was
wondering if anyone could help me out with some antenna advice. Would
like to make something simple, and as clandestine as possible to avoid
any nagging neighbors and a wife before I got married, I had a long
wire antenna running the distance of my old houses' yard, along a
chain link fence that was better than the whip, but I would love to
get the best reception possible, and I dont think that would work
here, Any help would be appreciated. A little info on the house,
split level ranch, aluminum gutters and fascia, and I Have two 35
foot + pine trees in front of the house that could act as masts, as
well as a maple tree in the back yard and a wooden picket fence. Hope
someone could help the non-techy newbie!
Thanks in advance
Ed

The Wizard (channels 19,11,27,35..on the CB)
VE3010SWL-Professional shortwave listener
NAMA1380-Professional scanner operator

Keep your heads up high but your antennas up higher