Old October 30th 03, 03:05 AM
Diverd4777

Rich:
Is this lack of reception during the day or at night?
Night SHOULD be much better..
ALSO:
- have you taken the set outside and tried it there? there may be " local"
noise
that you pick up. You might be able to find a " Quiet " spot in your apt, then
put up an antenna there & feed it into your set via co-ax.

Are you running it on Batteries to eliminate line noise ?

It's Possible a pre selector hooked to an external antenna MIGHT filter out
some of the crap and leave SW signals..

Dan

In article ,
(Rich) writes:

The noise is unlike I've ever heard before ... my Timewave DSP-599zx
doesn't even help much in this environment. I'm beginning to wonder
if this darned country/government is jamming shortwave broadcasts.
Can't be ... or is it??? Thoughts or suggestions?

Please don't reply via e-mail as I have a dead e-mail address. It's
the ultimate spam-stopper. ;-)

Sincerely,
Rich Seifert, KB2ZMF
Ankara, Turkey