Old June 12th 04, 09:33 PM
Ralph Mowery

Should whoever creates these files be making them write protected? I've

got
ones that I purchased and ones that I got for frree and non are write
protected, I would have thought that would be the thing to do. I am
presuming that write protection is a parameter than is part of the file,

or
maybe not, perhaps it's a setting of your PC system. Anyone know? TIA.

If you got them off a cd then it is probably just a setting of the computer.
Find the file on the hard drive or move it to the hard drive. using
something like Windows Explorer. Then see if it is set as read only. If so
uncheck that block.