Old June 12th 04, 11:22 PM
Fractenna

Default DLM Antenna

The following is from the ARRL (main page www.arrl.org to get link ) Web site.
It would appear that the ARRL is promulgating the view that "History is being
made". ARRL stands for: American Radio Relay League.' Relay' is an archaic term
kept from the organization's founding days; this is not a wireless mesh network
organization, for example.

Mr. Robert Vincent is a Technical Coordinator for the ARRL.

To any non-hams, I would like to point out that the ARRL is an organization
comprising a minority of licensed radio amateurs in the US, and that many other
highly technical radio amateurs, professional in their respective communities,
do not necessarily agree with recent views so posed by that organization
regarding UWB (ultrawideband); BPL (broadband over power lines) ; and the
press-promulgated claims of the DLM antenna.

Many antenna professional are members of the ARRL, while many are not.

In my opinion, it is fitting and proper to give a voice and forum to this
research effort, but ill-advised to posit it as "revolutionary" (URI press
release) and "history being made"(ARRL web site) until after the findings have
been presented and assessed. It is, in my opinion, more prudent for such an
organization to present a neutral face in the absence of publicly available
information.

73,
Chip N1IR

----------------------------

"In April, I reported that our Technical Coordinator, K1DFT had been recognized
by the University of RI for having invented the most outstanding intellectual
property of 2003. Recently, news articles in the New York Times, EE Times and
Providence Journal have recognized Rob personally and his invention in very
positive reports. His invention is called a Distributed Loaded Monopole and is
in process of being patented. Independent validation of Rob's hard work is
being performed and he will present a mini-seminar of the exciting new antenna
concept at the NE Division Convention in Boxboro, August 14-15. It will
certainly be a standing room only crowd in the Cotillion Room. Don't miss it.
You'll be witnessing history being made. "