Old November 1st 03, 05:31 AM
Rich

Dan, the lack of reception ocurrs both day and night. I have not
taken it outside ... I'll do that today. I'll even look for a quiet
spot as you suggested. Batteries/power adapter seem to make no
difference. Can you please tell me more about the "preselector"
you're mentioning. What is this? How does it work? Where can I get
one? How much will it cost? Is it possible to build myself
(schematic)? Sorry your reply resulted in more questions.

Thanks for all of your help ... all of you who posted...

Please don't reply via e-mail as I have a dead e-mail address. It's
the ultimate spam-stopper. ;-)

Sincerely,
Rich Seifert, KB2ZMF
Ankara, Turkey

(Diverd4777) wrote in message ...
Rich:
Is this lack of reception during the day or at night?
Night SHOULD be much better..
ALSO:
- have you taken the set outside and tried it there? there may be " local"
noise
that you pick up. You might be able to find a " Quiet " spot in your apt, then
put up an antenna there & feed it into your set via co-ax.

Are you running it on Batteries to eliminate line noise ?

It's Possible a pre selector hooked to an external antenna MIGHT filter out
some of the crap and leave SW signals..

Dan

In article ,
(Rich) writes:

The noise is unlike I've ever heard before ... my Timewave DSP-599zx
doesn't even help much in this environment. I'm beginning to wonder
if this darned country/government is jamming shortwave broadcasts.
Can't be ... or is it??? Thoughts or suggestions?