Old November 1st 03, 05:57 AM
WShoots1

Jack: But I *prefer* to dig them out of *and listen to them on* staticky,
in/out-fading, often crowded radio bands. Its simply more satisfying that way.

By golly, that's what I prefer to do, too. Shortwave radio is my roots to a
lifetime career. Also, when I'm driving the byways, I prefer to listen to
"local" AM stations. It reminds me of the pre-Interstate days.

By the way... I heard Orson Welles' War of the Worlds original broadcast. I was
still in single digit age, but the Mercury Theater was one of my favorite
shows.

Bill, K5BY