Old November 1st 03, 11:17 AM
MRe

"Rich" schreef in bericht
om...
Dan, the lack of reception ocurrs both day and night. I have not
taken it outside ... I'll do that today. I'll even look for a quiet
spot as you suggested. Batteries/power adapter seem to make no
difference. Can you please tell me more about the "preselector"
you're mentioning. What is this? How does it work? Where can I get
one? How much will it cost? Is it possible to build myself
(schematic)? Sorry your reply resulted in more questions.

Use of a preselector is (in most cases) a bad advise. I don't think it will
help in your case/situation. A preselector will help ONLY in the case when
the radio is badly overloaded by a transmission OFF the recieved frequency.

You have to find the source of the extremely high (man made) noise in your
surroundings. And beat it, either by eliminating the noise, either by
finding an antenna solution (shielded loop).

MRe
(Netherlands)