Old November 1st 03, 11:33 PM
Stinger

So can I, Dan. However, it is difficult to find any remnants of that sad
history in the south (or the north for that matter) after over three decades
of legislated equality.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my previous post, most people still see
nothing wrong with remnants from the other side of that struggle. I find
them equally disgusting.

Most people are just desensitized to the wrongness of these programs. Try
inserting the word "white" into the name of any race-based organization or
event (NAACP, Miss Black America, Congressional Black Caucus, etc.) and
think about how it sounds. If it's wrong one way, then it's wrong both
ways.

-- Stinger

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
In article , "Stinger"
writes:

don't
see anything wrong with "The United Negro College Fund," or "Miss Black
America."

- Think these might have been started back in the 50's - 60's when
Segregation ruled the land..
- Can remember visiting relatives in the south and seeing ' Colored" water
fountains...