Old November 2nd 03, 11:08 PM
starman

ITMA wrote:

Yes, that's right, but I gather there are in fact two or three of these FET
things. I've changed one - which one I forget now but could check if I
opened it up again - but as my radio, despite all the cult like rave reviews
and praise it gets on the internet, still is no where near as good as many
antiquated non-digital radios costing a fraction of the price from a junk
store, have my doubts that it is working as well as it should, hence my
request ....

The FET "problem" with the '2010', refers to a particular transistor
located on the smaller PC board, which fails because of static
electricity on the antenna. This FET is the 'AM-RF Amp' labeled as
'Q-303' on the schematic. The original type is a '2SK152-1'. You may
have other problems with your '2010' which are not related to this FET.