Old June 13th 04, 07:52 AM
Richard

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote
Thing is, I cannot understand why these files are not read only. Whether
copied from CD or downloaded.

Richard, if you can't trust yourself NOT to mess about with modifyable
programs then you shouldn't be trying to use them.

If you are unable to resurect mutilated software, an impossible task,
vanished reliability, don't blame the author.

I can trust mnyself, but if the original files were write protected when the
came when downloaded, then it would be a safety measure from accidentally
altering the original files. I'm going to mess with the originals but save
the altered input files under a slightly different file name. I think I'm
making a perfectly valid point.