Old November 5th 03, 03:59 PM
Robert11

Default Any Good Or Needed For Listening Only ? : WiNRADiO WR-LWA-0130 Long Wire Antenna Adapter

Hello:

Am using a long wire (actually, I guess I should call it a random length
wire) antenna for
receiving only. It runs around the 4 edges of my attic, and then down to
rceiver.

Do listening only up to 30 MHz. Have a JRC NRD 545

Saw an ad for the WinRadio Balun on the Grove site. [The WiNRADiO
WR-LWA-0130 Long Wire Antenna Adapter]

Would sure appreciate any opinions as to whether it's worth getting, and if
it "might" improve receotion
for me ?

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I've seen, over the years, comments that for receiving only, and using a
long-wire, a Balun to match Z would not
add anything to S/N, and isn't worth even trying.

Others have said in effect, "it can't hurt to match the Z."

A bit confused.
Anyone ever used this unit, or one like it, for receiving ?

Thanks,
Bob