Old November 7th 03, 02:30 PM
Frank White

In article ,
says...

I have two very good digital tuning shortwave radios, one with

synchronous
sideband, but I find myself choosing to play with and listen to the

little
analog tuning portable I have most of the time. I like to be able to

scan
the bands by hand with the dial and to see where I am. When I let the
digital do this automatically, it just doesn't seem the same. I just

don't
derive the same pleasure from the digital tuning, and I have no plans to
ever be a part of digital radio.

Anyone else feel like that? Maybe it's because my first shortwave was in

the
1960's.

Pierre

Ah yes. For mystery, excitement, and the thrill of discovery,
digital has nothing on slowly turning that knob and as the
indicator creeps across the spectrum, listening for the
voices, music, or lack of static that tells you yes, there
IS something there.

Digital is good for when you know where you want to go.
Analog is for finding out what's out there.

FW