Old November 8th 03, 01:05 PM
N8KDV

I never pay to much attention to that stuff either. Generally if I want to check
conditions I just check the following page:

http://www.n3kl.org/

And then go from there. The only other propagation thing I ever use is the '28
day rule', i.e., if conditions are very good on a certain day, then in many
instances they will be very good 28 days later... sometimes! :-)

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Mike Terry wrote:

Am I alone in finding e-mails like this almost completely undecipherable?
I'm afraid,
reading them when I do first thing in the morning, unless they are
explained rather better than a "flare being an X 28" I just skip over these
mails and delete them.

Please would sometime explain the following report to me in simple English:

"Friday, November 07, 2003

Jonathan Marks has passed on this announcement from the European Space
Agency:

It has just been announced that the massive solar X-ray flare which occurred
on 4 November was, at best estimate, an X28. There is still a small chance
this will be revised by a small amount, but it is now official: We have a
new number 1 X-ray flare for the record books, the most powerful in recorded
observational history.

For more information, see
http://www.esa.int/export/esaSC/SEMN...D_index_0.html

http://medianetwork.blogspot.com/ "