Old November 14th 03, 12:34 AM
starman

Jim Douglas wrote:

I currently have a DX-398 which has been a great deal of fun. I am looking
to moving up to the Grundig Satellit 800. It seems to be running about
$400.00 on Ebay. I would like opinions on this radio, is there something
better in this price range? I currently only listen to the AM/SW bands. I
have been reading as much as I can including the various reviews on the web.

Thanks!

The '800' is a decent receiver, although quite large. Quality control is
much better now compared to early models, so you're likely to get a good
one. However I suggest you get a factory refurbished '800'. This will
help to ensure that any problems have been fixed. They typically sell
for about $400. The refurbishing is done by Drake who designed the
circuits used in the '800', so they know what they're doing. Here's a
website with refurbished 800's. Go to the bottom of page.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0800.html