Old November 14th 03, 01:14 AM
The Axelrods

The Grundig 800 is an excellent radio for the money. However there are two
things people I know have found with them:

1- The quality control is a bit of an on again off again thing. If it sounds
like it is not a great radio return it and have a service tech tweak it up. this
worked very well for a DX'er here in town.

2- The face plate on the radio is not great. After a year or two of intensive
use some of the numbers and letter were wearing off or chipping. It's not a huge
thing but for the money a protective coating on the face plate would be worth
it.

Otherwise it seems like a great radio for the money and you will have to spend a
lot more to go up a notch on the new radio market.

Shawn

Jim Douglas wrote:

I currently have a DX-398 which has been a great deal of fun. I am looking
to moving up to the Grundig Satellit 800. It seems to be running about
$400.00 on Ebay. I would like opinions on this radio, is there something
better in this price range? I currently only listen to the AM/SW bands. I
have been reading as much as I can including the various reviews on the web.

Thanks!

--

Jim Douglas
http:\\www.genesis-software.com

--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER