Old November 15th 03, 05:56 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Ronald schrieb:

My car radio pulls in a tremendous number of AM and FM stations
compared to my bedside radio.

And the models of either are...?

Are there superior portable or table
top am/fm radios with digital programming and presets.

For AM, not a big problem. But a really good FM part, hmm, that's
tricky, since car radios usually have excellent FM sections. Grundig's
Satellits always had very good FM sections (three cascaded IF filters!),
but are very sought after. The YB400PE and Sangean ATS-909 don't seem to
be too shabby either; DXers apparently prefer to replace the filters by
110 kHz parts in the latter. My own Sony ICF-SW7600G got 110/150 kHz
filters which greatly improved selectivity (and thus the number of
stations to be received), but it still has some trouble with front-end
overload.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/ | Webm.: http://www.i24.com/
PC#6: i440LX, 2xCel300A, 448 MB, 18 GB, ATI AGP 32 MB, 110W