Old November 16th 03, 04:43 PM
Diverd4777

Well if the Sun is kicking up again tonight
& It Doesn't sound at all like John Lightning.

I'll try to get an ID & see what it is..

In article , N8KDV
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

Possibly Radio free Asia, Via CIS ( What is CIS??)
possibly VOA via Botswana;
accented English & subject matter made me think Botswana;

The current IBB sked shows Tibeten from 2300-0000 on 7415, the only usage of
that
frequency by Radio Free Asia.

- with speech fragments drifting from Other Stations ( BCQ??) drifting in &
out..
didn't positively ID it; ( Exhausted, fell asleep)

Best guess:: VOA Via Botswana

Dan

in & outIn article , N8KDV
writes:

Diverd4777 wrote:

at 02:00 was picking up Radio Botwana ( VOA??) on 7.415;
usually this is WBCQ from Maine..

The VOA makes extensive use of 7415 via Botswana, though their schedule

does
not
show it in use at 0200. Perhaps they have changed the sked, or indeed

Radio
Botswana gets some time from VOA. Check it again!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B and a GE World Monitor portable (currently up for
auction on
eBay)

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm