Old November 17th 03, 11:42 PM
Diverd4777

Thanks Geoff, Point taken.
We do live in an increasingly creepy world;

I carry a small flashlight everywhere,
& should add a tiny SW radio to the mix
Currently carry a Sangean DT 110 around,
I like the Digital display & memories.
If something that size had SW, digital memories & was cheap,
I'd get one in a heartbeat.

During 9/11 we had it during "The Walk Home.";

- & thats how I found out that the Huge Cloud way downtown
was the remains of the WTC...
And the remains of 3,000 people...

Dan

In article ,
(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

In article , Diverd4777 wrote:

If you really need a radio with a crank because all the stores that sell
batteries
have been blown away by an apocalypse,
or
washed to sea by 1,000 Foot Tsunamis,

- Your screwed anyway.!

They may still be there, but impossible to get to. I live in Jersualem.
During the last gulf war, we carried gas masks and outfited sealed rooms.
I carried my gas mask in a gym bag, along with a small radio (with a speaker)
a flashlight, a pack of wet wipes and a small camera.

At home, I had an FR-200. I bought it because we could be sitting in our
sealed room for hours while the radio played loud enough for everyone to
hear.

Most likely we would still have modern conviences, such as electricity,
cable tv and internet. But if the electricty went out, being able to sit
by the light from the radio hearing a human voice from the outside would
be essential. There might have been a hundred AA batteries in another room,
but we could not get to them, nor could we light a candle.

As for stores being closed, even an inch of snow closes the schools here.
No snow tires, no snow plows, and very steep hills. It's gone completely
in a day or two, but while it's here, it's a mess.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
972-54-608-069