Old November 19th 03, 05:52 AM
Jim Hackett

Interesting. I also live in a faraday cage, (ALUMINUM MOBILE HOME) and I
don't get any signals much less than 88 mhz that can find their way in
through the windows. Ok, I can get the local blowtorch M.W. stations
indoors, but pulling in WWV or any of the H.F. powerhouses on any radio on
it's whip (inside) is impossible...

"WShoots1" wrote in message
I pick up all kinds of SW stuff on my jWIN, using just the whip, and I

live in
a metal-sheathed mobilehome.

The audio is crisp in the voice range, so speech as well as piano and horn
music sound great on it. Yes, I use mine on FM quite a bit, too.

I have a spare set of computer speakers. Their power supply isn't

portable, but
the ones I have on the computer now are. I just might switch the speakers
around, so my jWIN music system will be portable. G

Bill, K5BY