Old November 20th 03, 03:02 PM
Tim ODonnell

I think that I finally made my point. I am sorry that you all had to figure
out what I was saying. Its terrible when you really don't know the lingo and
really don't want to go that deep into a hobby.

I think that I will do the following. 1, Improve my existing antenna. 2, add
a second antenna in a different directind and possible a different length.
3, I will probably add a preselector to my equipment. perhaps a MFJ959C or
the MFJ1045C. Finally number 4, Learn more about the radio listening hobby
to include the terminology.

Thanks all for your help and direction.

Tim

"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
om...
If you set it for "unity (zero) gain", what you have is an additional
tuned RF stage that gives extra RF selectivity, and it can be a
blessing on a weak station. However, most people try to use a
preselector as an RF amplifier and cause more problems with intermod
and cross-talk than they already had.

They can be a useful tool, but they are not a cure-all.